Aim: To seek to improve our environmental performance through sound business practices and employee engagement
Containment Technology Services is committed to greater eco-efficiency in our business practices and in support of this operates a fully integrated approach to management of our activities. This ensures that whilst minimising negative environmental impacts arising from our business, we also focus our efforts on continual improvement and protection of the environment.
In order to achieve this aim Containment Technology Services has the following key objectives:
- Promoting sound environmental management policies and practices throughout the Company.
- Exploring opportunities for improved environmental performance of our product through technical innovation.
- As a minimum, to comply with the requirements of relevant legislation applicable to our business and our products.
- Seeking efficient and environmentally responsible use of resources such as materials, energy and water.
- To promote environmentally responsible procurement of raw materials, goods and services considering the lifecycle perspective.
- Minimising waste through application of the waste hierarchy i.e. Eliminate, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Minimising transportation impacts by co-ordinating business mileage to maximise fuel efficiency;
- Raising staff and contractor’s awareness of our significant environmental impacts and to promote individual good practice.
We are committed to effective environmental management and we will work in conjunction with our staff and supply chain to ensure the requirements of this Policy are fully implemented.